It is with mixed feelings I make this announcement. December 31 2013 will be OSG Service's final day of operation. It's been a great ride having lived and loved and made friends. The last 10 years has provided many opportunities to grow professionally. With the support of so many* over the last decade, OSG has serviced more than 7000 game consoles literally from all over the globe. It all started with fixing up old consoles and selling them on eBay, and then one thing led to another, to another, to another. While this chapter of my professional life closes, another exciting one opens up. Who knows where opportunity will lead next? I'll never say never with regards to taking up the soldering iron again. Facts are "Old Gamers never die, they just need their contacts cleaned."
I would like to give a heartfelt Thank You to all of these people who each have made their own huge contribution to OSG's success. These people supported me, counselled me, believed in me and pushed me to take OSG to places I never would have found alone.
- Chris Lee who's charm and skill led him from customer, to a colleague and then friend. OSG would never have offered iPod services (and I never would have switched to Apple personally) without his influence. Software guidance, design support, you name it, I always look forward to working with Chris Lee.
- Mark Bilewski and Ryan Kain of Nexwave Video Games were OSG's first and last professional clients. Ryan and Mark were the first who gave me a chance to offer services to their customers. OSG may never have gotten past idea stage without these two individuals believing in me.
- Jon Meanwell - a long time friend who was there when I needed him with honest council and support. When OSG had expanded far beyond my expectations, Jon was there to help keep my head above water.
- Dylan Major - another customer turned friend who offered excellent PC centric support, and was a huge help in generating high quality digital assets ( S-Video screenshots!) for OSG's 1st generation website. A true 'gaming enthusiast'.
- Shawn Ohler formerly of the Edmonton Journal, who put me and my growing business on the front page of the Edmonton Journal in September 2006.
- Ken Roland who took OSGs website from beta to 1st generation with a beautiful form and function (not this website!)
- OSG clients past and present: Wayne Russell from Microplay, Penny from Just for Fun, Gene Nutt from Game Nut in Kansas, Neil Gordon from 'he knows where', Dave Young from Cash Converters, Teresa from Easyhome, Charles at Ultimate Video, the gang at Game City and Mark at GameNow in Mississauga.
- My families support cannot be overstated. My beautiful wife Charlene, my sons Alex, Aaron, Sam, Zach and my daughter Melissa all in their own way gave me support and sustenance through every phase of OSGs growth and eventual shutdown. My children did all manner of things like helping carry systems, helping test systems (child labour!!) and made me OSG themed gifts from school. Charlene listened, counselled and supported me financially and emotionally. I love you all, and any success OSG achieved is directly due to the love and support my family sustained me with.
Any systems that have been committed to be ready for pickup this month will still be ready for pickup past December 31 2013 at their respective Nexwave store. If you want your system ensure you pick it up before the end of February 2014, so you don't run afoul of the 90 day abandonment policy. Like a roller in the ocean, life is motion. Move on.
Like a wind that's always blowing, life is flowing. Move on
Like the sunrise in the morning, life is dawning. Move on.
How I treasure every minute. Being part of it, being in it. With the urge to move on.